Monday 5 May 2014

Story of an Amazing Winter (Part 4)

Internet facility at our hotel was limited and we had only one Wi-Fi router at the reception. I was staying at 1st floor and was getting some signals from the router. Anyway checked my email at night to see whether anyone from my team contacted me for the next step i.e. uniform collection. My team leader Anna sent me an email saying that I should meet them at the dining area next morning (26th February 2014). Was really excited.

And finally we are here to collect our uniforms and Accreditation 


Spent the rest of the day with my new roommate, took some pictures and had a detail chat about my favorite topic. My first day at Sochi was awesome. Went to bed early as I was really tired and did not want to be late for next morning.

With my team!!! After collecting our Accreditation.


Next morning!!! Big day!!! Woke up early and realized that I have lost my key for my main luggage. Sweet!!!

With my team!!! After collecting our Accreditation.


Anyway went to the dining room and met my team. Honestly my first impression about my team was really good. We introduced ourselves and decided to go and collect our uniforms and accreditation. Took WF8 and went to the UDAC (uniform distribution and accreditation center). It was not organized properly. There were too many lines in there and we were not sure about our one. We were confused. I asked one of my team mate and he replied because it’s Russia!!!

With Kristina from Sochi, Russia. Volunteered with transport.


Although it was a long process and we had to spend a lot of time in the queue, still it was the most memorable time of my Sochi 2014 journey. Met with lot of people from all over Russia, took lot of pictures and had a good time.

Collected our uniforms and accreditation cards and decided to go to the city center in the evening.

Stay tuned to find out what happened with me in Russia………


< To be continued >

No comments:

Post a Comment