Tuesday 29 April 2014

Story of an Amazing Winter (Part 3)

Sochi International Airport is very small by size and I was expecting to spend a lot of time with the Immigration. It took only 5 minutes from immigration to baggage collection. Everything was so close. The immigration officer did not ask me any unnecessary question like other airports i.e. Heathrow. He just took my passport, stamped it, took a picture, gave me a piece of paper and that’s it. I was really surprised and certainly the best Airport experience so far. Very good second impression!!!

I was expecting someone from my team to meet me at the airport. Surprisingly no one was there to pick me up from the airport. Was feeling like I am in the middle of nowhere. Anyway asked at the Sochi 2014 help desk at the airport and explained my situation. They showed me how to get to my hotel Omega. I was told to take bus B6 from the airport to Olympic Park and change to WF8 (Work Force 8, Russians call it Wi-Fi 8). Took B6 to Olympic Park and had to walk 25 minutes to find WF 8. It was really difficult for me to walk with two luggages. Dropped my hand luggage twice and broke my laptop. Nice!!!

It was very early morning and very few people were in the bus. Bus driver dropped me at the last stop. I was really struggling to explain things in English because most of them were speaking Russian. Stupid me did not learn a single Russian word. Anyway had to spend nearly 40 minutes to find my hotel Omega. Checked in at the reception where they informed me that my roommate is at the room. My roommate was sleeping. 
He woke up and we introduced ourselves. Felt like I will have a good time in Sochi.

My roommate Luka, first morning after the breakfast


My roommate!!! His name is Luka Lampret and he is from Slovenia. We decided to go to the dining hall together to have our breakfast. Wanted to meet my colleagues asap but did not have their numbers so what I could do is??? Wait for them to contact me!!!

Very first Morning after the breakfast, 25/02/2014


Stay tuned to find out what happened with me in Russia………


< To be continued >

No comments:

Post a Comment