Thursday 1 September 2016

Rio 2016 (Part-4)

I am glad that I took the decision and came here as a volunteer. This is a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world. Most importantly Olympic is the biggest platform to represent Bangladesh among fellow volunteers. It’s really nice to see the appreciation and love for my work and for Bangladesh among my team mates.

We had fun!!!
I did seven days of work for the Olympic Games. For the first two shifts I was posted outside where my responsibility was to guide games spectators to complete security checks.

Rio 2016 Olympic Park, Barra da Tijuca!!!
But I was part of the ticket control team for the rest of my shifts where my main responsibility was to validate tickets by scanning bar codes printed on the tickets. We had four to five volunteers and a team leader for each team. We had fun.  

We all become Usain Bolt!!!
I am staying for the Paralympic Games and will be based at the famous Maracana Stadium and Olympic Stadium. Stay tuned for more excitement.

EVS Ticket Control Team!!!
Two of very famous Bengali newspapers published my Rio 2016 journey. Famous and very popular Prothom-Alo and banglatribune.com are the two newspapers. banglatribune.com was the first to publish and its journalist Saddif Ovee wrote the article. Thanks Mamu for your hard work and support. Click on the link below to read the article:


Prothom-Alo published my 2016 volunteering journey on both online and print version. The article has been published on 28 August 2016 on “Chutir Dine”. Famous Bangladeshi writer Mr. Anisul Hoque Sir helped me to reach out Prothom-Alo team. Thank you very much Sir. Famous journalist Mr. Pallab Mohaimen from Prothom-Alo translated the article and helped to publish. Thank you Pallab Vai for your hard work. Click on the link below to read the article:


< To Be Continued >

No comments:

Post a Comment